Friday, February 6, 2015

It's hard to resist AC Milan, says Destro

It's hard to resist AC Milan, says Destro
Mattia Destro says leaving Roma for AC Milan was an easy decision and he is keen to follow in the footsteps of club legends such as Marco van Basten, George Weah and Andriy Shevchenko.
The 23-year-old joined Milan on loan until the end of the season in January after failing to secure regular first-team action at Roma and he is delighted to have made the move to San Siro.
"What pushed me to accept Milan and leave Roma? When Milan come calling it’s always hard to resist," Destro said at a press conference.
"I wanted to join a big club and this is a huge source of pride.
"Milan are Milan and there was nothing to be convinced about. I have a big desire to do well and I think this is the right club for me to show that and achieve that.
"Milan have had many stars in attack. If I could achieve half of what they have achieved, I would be very happy."
Destro will be hoping to open his Milan account in this weekend's Derby d'Italia against Juventus.

No comments:

Post a Comment